Klink Demo - Tether w/o root 1.18
Klink Demo - Tether w/o root
Tether your Android phone WITHOUT rooting! Klink only needs a data plan and works without a tethering option.
This is a free demonstration version of the paid version of Klink that can be found in the market as "Klink - Tether without root".
- This demo only allows access to a select number of websites and is meant to test compatibility and speed before buying the paid version.
- The paid version is completely unrestricted and can be used with most computer programs, not just web browsers. Access is also unrestricted with the paid version: secure sites and such are never crippled after time.
- When testing Klink at home, DISABLE any other active network connections. (Turn off WiFi or unplug ethernet.) You can use one or the other, but both cannot be active at the same time. Network activity will not occur in that case but will resume functioning as soon as just one device is left active.
*** The paid version currently has limited time introductory pricing! Don't miss out! ***
After installing and running Klink, please tap "Set up your Computer" and follow the instructions. Klink requires the installation of a small companion program on your PC in order to tether without rooting, so following the step-by-step guide is suggested. The same documentation is also available on our website, in case you would like to follow along on a big screen while at home.
Special note to PdaNet or EasyTether users:
* Klink is comparable in nature to these programs and configuration should be similar.
Note that WiFi hotspot mode without rooting can only be performed with a carrier option; however, you'll find better battery life with Klink's USB connection. A connected laptop can usually reshare the connection with others via WiFi if desired.
Keep in mind that Klink's consumption of data depends on usage.
HELP: Please visit the Google Group via http://www.faveset.com/klink/support, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there moments when you feel like using your computer but cannot find an Internet connection? Perhaps you need to type a long email on the go despite loathing the idea of pecking around on a touchscreen. Or maybe you prefer to easily browse and chat while sending that email on a comfortably sized screen. Whatever your use case, if you have an Android phone with Internet access and want to bring your computer online, Klink is for you!
Klink allows you to share your Android device's Internet connection with your PC. With it, you can run your favorite browser, most chat applications, many games (TCP/IP and UDP support), and more, all using your phone's existing data plan without an additional tethering option. (NOTE: Data and plan limits still apply, so please check the terms of your plan before using Klink.)
- Does NOT require rooting or a tethering plan to work
- One-time purchase fee -- upgrades are free
- Uses USB for longer battery life and greater speed
- Supports Windows (XP/Vista/7/32-bit/64-bit), Mac OS X 10.5 (or later), and Ubuntu (32-bit and now 64-bit)
- Written in C (NOT Java) for efficiency, speed, and lower power consumption.
* Handles hundreds of simultaneous connections. Klink can take on the most demanding applications.
* Is fast and capable of handling 4g speeds
- Can transparently rewrite "User-Agent" headers so that your PC browser will look like a mobile device when browsing web pages. This can save bandwidth by conveniently defaulting to the mobile version of websites.
- Designed so that network traffic effectively originates from the phone. This differs from rooted devices, which forward packets directly from the PC. Klink is not a modem!