Plex for Sony Internet TV 22.214.171.1247
Plex for Sony Internet TV
PLEASE NOTE: this application is ONLY available for download on late model 2012 Sony Internet TVs. It does go through additional QA with Sony and therefore take a bit longer to get updates compared to the paid for Plex for Google TV.
Welcome to Plex!
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: You need a Plex Media Server running on Mac, PC or Linux (or a good friend who's willing to share theirs) to use Plex for Google TV. Get the Plex Media Server for free here: http://plexapp.com
Note: Logitech Revue users should note that the following limitations will exist for them until the Revue gets version 3.2 of the Google TV software:
1. Plex for Google TV will only be able to play media format supported directly by the device.
2. Video Channel support is severely limited.
3. Subtitles will not work.
4. Audio stream selection is not possible (if multiple audio tracks are in your media).
Plex in a nutshell is a media platform that runs on Macs, PCs and Linux that is capable of organizing your media so that it can be viewed by any Plex Client in a beautiful to see and easily navigable form. In addition to allowing you to view all of your music, photos and videos it allows you to get to online content from many of your favorite online providers from the comfort of your couch using just a remote control - no need to type all that "www" mumbo-jumbo... no need to sit through an entire newscast for the weather. This is the best of both worlds.
Plex for Google TV of course works WITH your Plex Media Server to offer up your music, video and photos on your TV! Plex Players are available for Windows, Mac, Samsung TVs, Roku, Android, Google TV and more...
Here's how to prep for your first Plex for Google TV run:
1. Setup your Plex Media Server - it's a free download here: http://plexapp.com. This is absolutely required to run Plex for Google TV.
2. Test it out... make sure it works locally with either the Mac or Windows client player (aka Plex Media Center) running on the same machine.
3. Get Plex for Google TV - and Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: So What is Plex?
A: Please see the 'Welcome to Plex' section below or visit us at http://plexapp.com.
Q: Where can I find the Plex Media Server and Player (Plex Media Center) software?
A: It's available here - http://plexapp.com for details.
Q: It's not working for me - can I get a refund?
A: Yes - basically we'll give a refund for any reason for 30 days after your purchase.
We have a very active and very helpful user community. Please check at http://forums.plexapp.com for general questions, tips and help and here for a more comprehensive FAQ: http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Android_FAQ.
Follow plexapp on Twitter or Facebook for announcements and updates.
Caveats and Disclaimers:
* Plex for Google TV won't be able to do anything unless you setup a server on your PC, Mac, Linux or NAS - which is
• DRM-protected content (older iTunes Store audio or any iTunes Store video) is not supported.
• VIDEO_TS, ISO or IMG videos are not supported by Plex.