Samba Server Pro 2.2
Samba Server Pro
A complete Samba Server for your Android (SMB, CIFS)! Access your Android with ease, just like an USB stick (thumb drive / flash drive)
No root is needed!
- Mac OS X: will show up on the finder automatically if on the same network
- Windows: only works if you have a rooted device since windows does not support non-standard SMB ports. Also, if you use Windows 7 you might need to find out how to enable it since the server only accepts guest logins and Windows 7 automatically uses the currently logged in user.
- Linux: only works if your device is rooted or you can specify the samba server port
Note. If you find a bug or have a problem please contact us by email since we cannot help you if you post it in the reviews.
And we haven't mentioned all yet; you can even set a dynamic DNS updater! So you can always access your device from everywhere, even if the IP changed!
It also has extensive logging functionality, and you can even set the app to email you the log automatically!
- Run a Samba Server – SMB / CIFS Server
- Set multiple directories for the server and each with their own name
- Set the Samaba Server name and icon
- Optionally use root to forward internal ports so it works on Windows and Linux
- Start/Stop a server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- Verbose log (filter, email, etc)
- Add a Dynamic DNS Updater using the local or public IP of your device
- Add multiple Samba Servers
- For every Samba Server you can set name, TCP/IP port, session port, name server port, datagram port, multiple directories to share, use root for internal port forwarding, enable logging, only log errors, start the server when connected to a specific WIFI network and disconnect when the WIFI network is lost, or start on boot
- Add multiple dynamic DNS updaters (set a custom URL, or choose from ChangeIP, DNSdynamic, DNSexit, DNSMadeEasy, DNS-O-Matic, DNSPark, DtDNS, DynDNS, easyDNS, eNom, HE.net, Joker, Namecheap, No-IP, ZoneEdit)
- For every dynamic DNS updater set the name, timeout (in minutes), hostname, username, password and whether to update with the local or public IP address, start the Dynamic DNS Updater when connected to a specific WIFI network, update on connectivity change, start on boot
- On the settings page of the app you can set the maximum log items to keep, whether to keep a WIFI lock (prevent WIFI from disconnecting automatically), keep the device alive, keep the device alive full (keep the screen on, battery intensive), set to start the app on boot
- You can search/filter the log, or set it to be automatically sent when the log limit is reached.
For questions, comments or feature requests just contact us!
Visit us on: http://www.icecoldapps.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IceColdApps
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IceColdApps