Trikanoid is a modern remake of the famous Arkanoid arcade game from the 80s
All features of the original is included, like all power-ups, the annoying but sometimes useful aliens and such.
Since the main authors owned a ZX Spectrum back in time, emphasis has been put on implementing some of the uniqueness of the ZX Spectrum implementation that were released for this machine. Instead of making a true nostalgically remake (Monochrome graphics, synthetic sounds), the aim of Trikanoid was to implement the same idea on modern computers of today.
Trikanoid features the following:
- 33 different levels
- End of game monster (Doh) at level 33
- Lots of power-ups
- Stunning graphics
- Different background for each level
- Graphical effects
- High quality music
- 8 different in game music scores
- 8 different in game soundscapes
- 4 additional scores, for menu, game won etc.
- Gripping sound effects and voices
-A cool old school intro to the game
- Lot of other goodies
The game has received very favorable reviews, and won numerous awards praised for its playability, graphics, overall impression and quality.